As in all things residential, there are periods of great trepidation, periods of great imagination, and periods of tedium.
What we are doing right now are:
- making Pinterest pages of everything we want in our new place (we can use them all! — provided we can make our Lane Way Home much bigger on the inside than it is on the outside — kind of a residential Tardis)
- Looking over a contract from the builder and signing it
- Looking over an agreement among the Gang of Four (the principals in the enterprise) setting out the terms of the project and signing it
- Waiting to hear if one of the Gang of Four gets the promotion s/he has applied for — determining whether there will be money to charge ahead, or whether we’ll be cutting back on the scope of the project for the time being
- Waiting to talk finances with a couple of people who will tell us how we can get equity from our current home without selling it (which would mean moving at least twice in the next year and a half)
For items 2 and 3, we all need to be together in the same room — something that won’t happen until we are all at a family wedding in the next couple of weeks.
So the project progresses, but softly, softly.