Things I was supposed to do this week:
- Meet with banker to discuss loans, etc.
- Meet with designer and daughter to discuss design
- Find a notary public to witness our tenants-in-common agreement.
Of course, life got in the way:
- The banker didn’t know we were supposed to discuss loans. He thought we were going to discuss investments. Guess what our only investment is going to be? The laneway house! Got to make another appointment to discuss loans.
- Could not attend the appointment because everyone else in the office was out at meetings, illnesses, or holidays and it LOOKS BAD if someone shows up to the office and all you see are tumbleweeds rolling across the floor. But then it turned out that the designer and the daughter had to cancel, too, so all is well and we will meet in early September.
- Printed out large list of local notaries public. Waited until every one else in the office was out. Called first notary. He’ll do it for $50 with $10 for each additional copy. Sounds good to me! Will make appointment for us to sign tenants-in-common agreement.
Oh look, a picture of a dear little cottage, just like ours will be one day:
except ours will not look anything like that.