This is just a quick note to say that we have successfully moved into our new home. It’s still a bit of a work in progress, with a few touches to be completed, but it is coming together nicely and is so adorable!
Things that surprised us about our new home:
- how quickly we adapted to the smaller space, and how completely comfortable we are in it. The rooms seem exactly the right dimensions
- how much storage we are finding in every nook and cranny. We are still downsizing, and there will not be room for everything we currently own, but we are still putting things together and there is room for what we need
Things that pleased us about our new home:
- the appliances! The Blomberg washer has been going nearly non-stop. Got some bright red tea towels you need to wash for the first time? Do them by themselves! The washer weighs the load and automatically adjusts the amount of water it uses!
- the under-fridge freezer has drawers for better storage options.
- and the natural-gas stove! What’s not to love!
What completely blew us away about the new house? That is a toughie, as we have been thrilled with just about everything about the place. But for face-dropping dramatic day vs night transformation, we have to go with the enormous difference the landscapers, Vantage Landscaping performed. Amro and his team took a back yard that had been ripped apart and chewed up until it looked like the set for a WWI trench warfare movie of the week, and turned it into a lush oasis complete with plum tree, artfully arranged boulders, and even our “dry river bed” up the west side of the home. Plus plantings outside the laneway entrance that look so lovely! In two days! From Verdun to Versailles!
Pictures, we need pictures 🙂
Soon! But right now the place isn’t perfect, perfect. Maybe I can take a couple of shots with my cell phone.